Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Ooo, this is a hard one to describe because I don't want to give anything away! Amy Dunne disappears on the morning of her 5th wedding anniversary. Things look fishy and her husband Nick makes several mistakes as police and media scrutiny intensifies.  As time passes, Nick begins to look guilty of foul play. Gone Girl is full of suspense as you try to figure out what is really going on. The narrative flips between husband and wife, each telling the story from their perspective. Did Nick kill his wife? He seems innocent, but there are no other suspects...

I couldn't put this one down because I just wanted to know what happened! I also appreciated that it was suspenseful but never scary or anything like that. I will also say that I didn't love the ending, but I'm not really sure that there is an alternative that would have been more satisfying.  Overall, a quick fun read that was a good change of pace from Jane Austen!

Read: September 2012 (on my Kindle)

No comments: