Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Lots of people were talking about how fabulous this book was and the previews of the movie looked interesting so I downloaded it to my Kindle app.  Honestly, and I know some people will disagree with me, I did not like it at all.  In fact, the only thing I liked was that it was a quick read.  

The book is written in the form of letters from a boy during his Freshman year of high school to an unknown friend.  He is an nerdy kid dealing with puberty and the suicide of his best friend.  Two Seniors befriend him and bring them into their circle of friends.  I just did not connect with the main character and never wanted to go that deep into the psyche of a troubled teenage boy.  I found out after finishing the book that it is on the Top 10 List of books that are protested at school libraries.  And I can see why...it deals with suicide, drugs, alcohol, sex and other stuff.  I just didn't like it.  I don't think I'll see the movie now either, which is a shame because I like Emma Watson...

Read: October 2012 via Kindle

No comments: