Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Marley and Me

Tonight I finally watched Marley & Me the movie! I read the book several years ago and was dying to see the movie at Christmas but I got over-ruled. So of course I rented it the day it came out on BluRay!! I loved Marley & Me - both the book and the movie. Of course, the book is always better because you get so much more detail, but the movie was cute and accurate. I felt like the movie conveyed all the emotion and humor of the book. Plus, who doesn't love Owen Wilson, Jennifer Anniston and cute labs?? Seriously.

Just a little word about a pet peeve of mine. I really don't like it when people refuse to read good, well-written, insightful, delightful books just because the end might be sad!! Yes, Marley & Me is a book about a dog so you can guess how it ends and yes, the end IS sad. Yes, after reading it I felt sad about my dog's mortality. BUT the rest of the book is so good it made me appreciate every sweet moment with my dog, even when she is driving me crazy. Plus, I think all good books take you on some sort of emotional journey. Thats part of the fun!

Plot - Although I'm sure you all know, this is about "life and love with the world's worst dog". Really its the story of a young couple and the beginning of their family, filled with lots of very funny moments with Marley.
Read - 2006?
Length - 300 pages

No comments: