Sunday, August 28, 2011

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

I don't know about you, but I LOVED The Time Traveler's Wife and I couldn't wait to read (listen to) the second book by Audrey Niffenegger. Her Fearful Symmetry follows twins Julia and Valentina as they move from America to London to live in their Aunt Ellspeth's apartment near Highgate Cemetary after Ellspeth dies. Ellspeth and their mother were twins too - with a secret that Julia and Valentina are desperate to know. When they get to London, they meet Ellspeth's agoraphobic neighbor Martin and her lover Robert. And eventually, they meet Ellspeth too...as a ghost! The story was intriguing (not at all scary) and I couldn't wait to get in my car so that I could listen to a little bit more. I recommend this if you're in the mood for something unusual and unpredictable!


Read: August, 2011

No comments: