Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Help (Kathryn Stockett)

I. Loved. This. Book. It was so good! I listened to it on CD from the library, which really helped bring the characters to life. Either way, this is a must read. The story is told through the perspective of three women in Mississippi in the 1960s - two black maids and one young white woman. They weave together stories of what its like to be a maid in a white household in the Sixties. The characters really grip you. I didn't want it to end! Sometimes I would sit in the parking garage for an extra few minutes because I couldn't turn it off. I highly recommend.


1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Ahh!! I am about to download it to my new reader!! It's on my list and now after your little review, I cant wait! But first, I must finish 29 gifts! haha